Friday, June 6, 2008

Froggy, Froggy, Froggy

Damn, damn, double damn, damn...Lace is my friend, lace is my friend...nope, it's no good. No matter how many times I say it, it is never going to be true. I'm trying to make a shrug for my niece. Good thing there's no real time line on it. I've started and riped the whole thing back for a third time...and this is AFTER I went to the LYS and had some woman take a row back for me (but, she didn't take the row back until AFTER she'd told me that I was doing it ALL WRONG! in a brisk middle European manner). The yarn, which I was questioning, truth be told, is knitting up into a beautiful colour and pattern (as half ass backward a pattern as I'm knitting). I bought new needles to accomplish my task and they're warm and lovely in my hands (bamboo...nice!). But, my eyes are crossed, my hands are tired, and my mood is getting more and more fowl by the minute....and I've got one row completed on my needles after all this. I looked up the pattern. Others went on about how mindless and easy it is. I'm feeling a little annoyed with these people. How dare they flaunt their lace knitting prowess in my face! I'm going to add my two cents worth to that little list of people when I'm done. I'm going to expose the truth of the pattern! You just wait and see if I don't! Of course, it'll have to be after the project is complete...so you may want to hold of checking back for that post for a couple of...years!

No comments: