Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Easter Chicks

Okay, so I'm heading home for Easter for the first time in 11 years. The boys are grown, and I can now travel at any time of year. Of course, I don't, really. I have the kitty and the pugs to think about. My DH does a great job looking after them. He does most of the looking after where the basics are concerned. But, I'm the cuddler. I sit with them. I pat them. I talk to them. I play with them. It's hard to leave them, even for a day or two. I digress...I'm heading home for Easter. Four days. While I'm there, two of my nieces will have birthdays. So, I thought, I'll knit or crochet them a little something cute to top off their presents. I saw the cutest pattern for little chicks. It looked pretty simple. Okay, I'll give it a go. Well, a go I gave it. It was an easy pattern...I'm just all thumbs when it comes to sewing anything together! What looked like adorable little, brightly coloured chicks when they made them, turned into bumpy weebles for my attempt! Well, I guess it's off to Purdy's to buy an extra bit of chocolate to make up for my sad attempts at crocheted chicks...Now...what to get for the girls!?!?! :)

No comments: